Author Topic: Roost - Resto Shaman / Rawrior - Prot/Arms Warriors  (Read 1148 times)

Arson

Roost - Resto Shaman / Rawrior - Prot/Arms Warriors
« on: October 14, 2008, 10:31:30 AM »
    * In-Game Name: Roost
    * In-Game Class: Shaman
    * In-Game Level: 70
    * Real Age: 20
    * Are you able to make our raiding schedule? [M, W, Th, Sun -> 7:45-12:00] : Yes

* Attunement to Hyjal (Do you have your Vashj/ Kael vial): No, Roost was an alt.
    * Previous Raiding experience: Cleared all TBC instances, minus Kil'Jaeden and Mu'ru. I have experience on Mu'ru to 80% on Phase 2.
    * List/Link current gear: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kargath&n=Roost
    * Upgrades Available Outside of 25man Raids: Alchemy Trinket
    * Why did you choose your class? What are your class' strengths and weaknesses? : My first 70 being a DPS class, I chose to roll a shaman simply due to them being a hybrid class, but in the end specced restoration due to their high demand. I will shine in raids when group healing, but when needed I am able to MT heal for the duration of the fight.
    * Explain briefly the reasons behind your current gear choices.  And why you have selected your current talent build: My gear choices reflect 3 main areas, haste, +healing and mp5. Reasons being, when haste is paired with a high amount of Mp5 or a Spriest, shamans can keep up a constant 1600-2000 HPS on raid for the duration of the fight. I chose not to worry to much about +healing, but I can get up to about +2450 unbuffed. My talent build is the normal restoration build you'll see everywhere, however I chose to get Imp Ghost Wolf, since it helps on fights like Felmyst.
       * What are your favorite websites/spreadsheets for theorycrafting and raid strategies? : The only website I used would be Elitist Jerks, however normally I would be in the TOA Shaman channel with Mitha and Nati discussing different aspects of our class.

* In-Game Name: Rawrior
    * In-Game Class: Warrior
    * In-Game Level: 70

* Attunement to Hyjal (Do you have your Vashj/ Kael vial): No, this was an alt.
    * Previous Raiding experience: Cleared all TBC instances, minus Kil'Jaeden and Mu'ru. I have experience on Mu'ru to 80% on Phase 2. (Note: This experience is only as a healer)
    * List/Link current gear: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kargath&n=Rawrior
    * Upgrades Available Outside of 25man Raids: Several Rep rewards and crafted BoE's
    * Why did you choose your class? What are your class' strengths and weaknesses? : Before Rawrior was made, I had 2 DPS classes and 1 healer, so I decided to make a class that can tank, but still do well in PVP, so I chose a warrior. My strenghts as an arms DPS warrior revolve around a raid wide buff to DPS, aswell as my own added semi-efficient damage. Teamed with a shaman for windfury I could average 1600+ DPS (in Sunwell gear). As a tank I would be focusing on single target tanking, and if needed dual-tanking. Anymore then 2 targets however is where a warriors weaknesses come in, however after patch day that wont be a problem.
    * Explain briefly the reasons behind your current gear choices.  And why you have selected your current talent build: My current spec was chosen for max threat generation, aswell as max mitigation, generally it's the cookie-cutter choice for all prot warriors. My arms spec is the normal PVE spec, including Deep Wounds, however not including Endless Rage. I haven't checked out any viable specs with the new 51-point talents.
    * For DPS classes: What is your normal dps rotation during a boss fight? : As arms I would run White/Slam/MS/White/Slam/WW and repeat.
    * What are your favorite websites/spreadsheets for theorycrafting and raid strategies? : Elitist Jerks for any unanswered question I may have, I also talk to Ghorlack and Bahne about tanking/DPS.

* Previous Guilds and reasons for leaving: TOA, can be discussed in-game.
    * Why you are applying to Bloodsworn: Looking to get back into raiding for WOTLK
    * Comments: Both these applications are for a WOTLK raiding spot. I would be more leaning towards my warrior for raiding, just to get a new spin on things, however I could stick with my shaman. If needed I could do a trial on my shaman in sunwell, however as far as my warrior goes he's heavily under geared for anything past SSC.
       Edit: My warrior would be speccing prot or Arms for WOTLK, and with the new patch out today, i'm sure the added buffs will give you extra time on a Brut kill if you wanted to trial him as arms.

~Dnttryme
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 10:54:42 AM by Arson »