Author Topic: DontStopBelievin - Female Gnome Druid  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Lestatfangs

• Administrator
  • Warchief
DontStopBelievin - Female Gnome Druid
« on: September 26, 2008, 08:42:37 PM »
# In-Game Name:  DontStopBelievin
# In-Game Class:  Gnome Druid
# In-Game Level:  I'm four
# Real Name:  Steve Perry of Journey
# Real Age:  You'd think I'm 5 due to the incredible childishness of this post, but I really am 5.  Born February 29, 1988. 
# Are you able to make our raiding schedule? [M, W, Th, Sun -> 7:45-12:00] :  On one condition...  that I get all the purples.  As I gnome druid I can wear every piece of gear available.

# Attunement to Hyjal (Do you have your Vashj/ Kael vial):  Vashj and Kael have indeed been tea-bagged by yours truly.
# Previous Raiding experience:  Oh where should I begin...

My first raid experience was in Molten Core.  It was there that I learned that Gift of the Wild is more than just a 1 hour buff instead of only half an hour, but it also affects a whole party!  I also found out after another month that I'd been screwed by all the other druids because they hadn't bought reagents for raids for a whole month.   I also discovered that I have more than 1 toolbar available to me!  I was told that I could enable more bars all over the screen.  People were pissed off that I wasn't decursing them because I didn't have room for the icon on my bar.   Joke is on them now though!  I have 17 bars on my screen now!! 

So after that first month, we finally got through the trash until we hit a major snag...  someone wasn't looting the dogs.  The culprit (hunter) was on follow.  We booted him from the raid, but we still couldn't loot the dog so we called in for the night.

About a year later we finished MC.  That Ragnaros dude is HUGE!  I couldn't even see more than his crotch!  I was told months later that I could have panned up to see his face, or just go see Murmur now.

Anyway, after that I went to BWL.  I still have nightmares about spawns of mobs coming out of closed gates to kill me.  I wish there were Pally Tanks back then.

After that I hit up some AQ.  I'll never forget running up a hill so that the stupid dragon would chase me, then lose interest.  Then chase some other person up the hill, then lose interest.  It was a hard fight.

After that, I took a small leave for some minor surgeories.  The scars in the back of my head are almost invisible now that the hair has grown back!

So when I saw an advertisement for TBC, a wave of rememberance came back to me, and that I used to own that game!  So I picked up the expansion and started playing again.

My next raid experience was Karazhan.  Attumen was so freaking easy that we thought we'd be done with the whole XPAC in a few days.  Then we got to Moroes.  Now I, who knows everything about my class, found out that priests don't know anything.  They had to use their only CC.  This is a hard thing to do it seems.  For months we wiped after hearing "TRIANGLE IS LOOSE - OK WHO HAD TRIANGLE?".  Then dwarves found out they could get rid of bleeds!  It seems that Blizzard actually wanted players to use all of their abilities.  HUGE fail IMO.  Anyway, then we hit the Opera.  It's so hard preparing to fight when you don't know what you'll be fighting.  We just prayed for Big Bad Wolf, and if we didn't get him, we quit for the week.  Still do.  After that, Curator!  He's easy.  Just remember to use all melee to kill the adds to make it even easier on the healers.  ENTER TWO HOURS OF TRASH.  Then we hit up Aran.  How hard is it to not move?  DON'T MOVE!!  First Blizz wants you to learn all sorts of new stuff, then just stop?  WTF?  Then "/tar demon chains"  This is the first time many people ever used a "macro".  Then more thinking...  GET INTO THE BEAM!  Netherspite, I spit on you.  Then the total randomness of the falling pillars on Prince....  I was spinning when it was all over.

Then we hit up Gruuls after 5 guild break ups.  So who decided to make a mage tank?  Which Blizz dev thought that beauty up.  Nothing quite like wasting 4 nights and 50g a night in repairs for a fight that never lasts for more than 20 seconds.  Then Gruul.  This is the first time people needed a proximity mod in TBC.  Another first, another wipe fest for weeks.

Then came Mag.  CLICK ON THE ORB!  NO, NOT YET, NOW, DAMMIT YOU MISSED IT! 

Then we started TK and hit up Loot Reaver.  Loot Reaver was great!  Free T5 gear!  WOOT!  Except that Blizz now wants people to run only back and forth, not side to side.  Wipes continue...

Then we left TK for easier loot in SSC.  Except now people REALLY had to use learn Omen.  So we skipped Hydross instead.  Lurker was more easy loot.  Except that you have to jump in the water for spout.  This is very hard to do.  Then, try jumping back up!!  Holy crap I'm glad I could heal myself!!  Then Morogrim one shot our raid to death, so we skipped him too.  Eventually we hit up Vashj.  Passing the orbs was the best part.  This is the first time a melee player has ever experienced "Line of Sight" limitations.  Fun times.

# List/Link current gear:  I wear only my black tux.  I keep all purples in my bank, but the black tux is all I need.

# Upgrades Available Outside of 25man Raids:  There are no upgrades greater than the black tux.  Perhaps some of the stuff from Harris Pilton?

# Why did you choose your class? What are your class' strengths and weaknesses? :  Druids have no weaknesses.  I took Gnome (weakest class) to help offset the awesomeness that is Druid.

# Explain briefly the reasons behind your current gear choices.  And why you have selected your current talent build:  It's all about the bling.

# For DPS classes: What is your normal dps rotation during a boss fight? :  I don't need to DPS.  I ensure that Thorns is up, then just hit lifebloom every 6 seconds and wait for the opposition to die from boredom.

# What are your favorite websites/spreadsheets for theorycrafting and raid strategies? :  PerezHilton.com is the best site ever.  Break.com is #2. 

# Previous Guilds and reasons for leaving:  I have never been a part of a guild.  They have only ever been a part of me.

# Why you are applying to Bloodsworn:  Is that what I'm doing here?

# Comments:  Working at night on a Friday RULES!

Goriath

Re: DontStopBelievin - Female Gnome Druid
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 09:25:00 PM »

# Comments:  Working at night on a Friday RULES!

I read through the whole thing wondering if there was some inside jokage I'm missing that goes along with this and then finally got to here. Lol.