Author Topic: Raaven, Hunter, 100, Surv/BM  (Read 1422 times)

Offline Raaven

• Keyboard Turner
Raaven, Hunter, 100, Surv/BM
« on: August 31, 2015, 01:46:00 PM »
  • In-Game Name: Raaven
  • In-Game Class: Hunter
  • In-Game Level: 100

• Previous Raiding experience: Began raiding in 2007 with my former Guild “Unity” (Now Cataclysm).  Mostly 10-man; BC, WotLK, Some Cat
  • List/Link current gear: Raaven@kargath … http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kargath/raaven/simple
  • Please list your top 2 gear upgrades and why they are valuable: Axeclaw Spaulders of the Decimator & Axeclaw Guantlets of the Quickblade; Of course the Dex & Stamina are vital, but between the two of them I get some decent Multistike and versatility bonuses
  • Why did you choose your class? What are your class' strengths and weaknesses? : In every RPG I have ever played, I have preferred a traditional ranged attack class (Hunter/Ranger).  It is a matter of relatability (new word) for me.  I do not play just to be the best, I play to enjoy.  Strengths; in my past raiding years, I have always been able to rank high in DPS, but the crowd control perks were always c ritical as well.  Weaknesses; Avoiding the typical Huntard mistakes, growl, pack, pet control, etc.  Also the constant OP/Nerf balance tweaks between the specs.
  • Explain briefly the reasons behind your current gear choices.  And why you have selected your current talent build:  Not a lot of science to the recent gear items as I have been working primarily on leveling & gearing up for content.  I am currently dual-spec Sv/BM, but honestly it is a hold-over for me from days gone by.  Looking at flipping Sv for MM perhaps for Raiding.  I prefer BM for all my PVE, leveling, missions work because my pet holds agro well.
  • For DPS and Tanking classes: What is your normal rotation/ priority list during a boss fight? : SV; Explosive, Black Arrow, Glaive, Arcane. Cobra … BM; Focus, Kill S, Kill C, Glaive, Arcane, Cobra … Cooldowns; Dire Beast & either stampede or Bestial wrath accordingly
  • What are your favorite websites/spreadsheets for theorycrafting and raid strategies? : A mix of many; Icy-Veins, MaxDPS, Petopia, WOWHead, WOWWiki, etc.
  • Please link any combatlog parses, World of Logs, etc:
  • Previous Guilds and reasons for leaving: Unity/Cataclysm … Most of them have been AFK for Months to years … time to move on and find a more active guild.  Remain friendly with dozens of my old guildies
  • Why you are applying to Bloodsworn:  Bloodsworn has been around for about as long as I can remember.  Appears to have remained active over the years.  I did on occasion do some random Heroics with some Bloodsworn and felt good about the experience.  Bloodsworn has always been my first alternative choice for when this time came.
  • Comments:  I am hoping to establish a great long-lasting relationship with my new guildies and so I am turning down random invites daily in hopes of hearing back from you.
Hope to hear back from you soon!
-Raaven

Offline Lestatfangs

• Administrator
  • Warchief
Re: Raaven, Hunter, 100, Surv/BM
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 03:09:50 PM »
Hello Raaven,

Statty here!  Add me to your friends list in game and give me a whisper. 

I loved your application, but you really need to hit up Tanaan Jungle to up that gear.  I personally made a druid alt and it's at ilvl 693 after a week.  With your current ilvl, there is no way you could do Mythic content, which is where we currently are.  Even a heroic carry would be questionable!

As I said though, whisper me in game and I can go over realistic expectations with you.

Cheers!

Statty

Offline Raaven

• Keyboard Turner
Re: Raaven, Hunter, 100, Surv/BM
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 10:12:45 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Statty.  I should have mentioned that I was under-geared still.  My hope was to catch on, continue to gear up and hopefully join some runs once I am geared up.  Mostly looking to start connecting with some new guildies.

I would look you up online ... Thank you!

Raaven