Author Topic: Tyrathis Prot/Arms Warrior  (Read 1734 times)

Tyrathis

Tyrathis Prot/Arms Warrior
« on: March 07, 2011, 01:22:42 AM »
In-Game Name: Tyrathis
In-Game Class: Warrior
In-Game Level: 85

Previous Raiding Experience: Karazhan, VoA ICC Ulduar Toc10 OS (on a bear tank), BWD, BoT, To4W. (Not all are full clears)

Current Gear: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kargath/tyrathis/simple

Gear Upgrades: Mace of Acrid Death and or Soul Blade. Both are amazing tank weapons one being useful for boss tanking and other being useful for when on interrupt duty. Other possibilities include the Symbiotic Worm from magmaw, or the T11 shoulders.

Why did you choose your class, strengths and weakness': I chose my class way back in BC after watching a video of warrior PVP and deciding it was the way to go. I am not sure of my exact strengths and weakness' outside of PVP but i will say that I dont believe any weakness' that I do have would prevent me from properly tanking any content.

Rotation: First Stack up debuffs, order being demoralizing roar, sunder armor 3 stacks, rend, thunderclap. Move priority shieldslam proc > revenge> shield slam> Thunderclap>Devestate. Heroic Strike is used when rage is at a proper level.

Favourite Theory crafting and strategy websites: Tankspot.

Previous Guilds: Souls of the fallen (disliked GM, lacked any respect what so ever), Currently in Tools Of Destruction: Wish to leave because of lack of tanking oppurtunities due to lack of healers and excess of tanks in guild.

Why Bloodsworn?: A guild that has sucessful runs and does not over apply for slots in their raid groups is what bloodsworn has to offer, aswell as a chance to visit end game content.

Comments!: Well I'm an avid player, I seem to play most video games quite well. I like to pvp which i believe is a quality most pve'ers could use because it teaches one to think quickly and adapt to situations. Also as I was addressed in game my offspec DPS set is strong enough for me to pull decent DPS. In pugs I average about 3rd-5th.

Offline Tobiah

• Administrator
  • The Unstoppable Force
Re: Tyrathis Prot/Arms Warrior
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 08:08:28 AM »
Hey Tyrathis,

Thanks for your application, just a quick question or so.  Looking at your gear, a few unenchanted items pop out.  Your Legs are missing an enchant (even a cheap one); also did you just level Engineering?  I know sometimes discovering new tinkers can be a bit of an issue, however you are missing a tinker on both your cloak and gloves.  I look forward to chatting more in game as well.

Tyrathis

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 09:25:18 AM »
Not exactly recently with the engineering but i was spending alot of time on pvp and did not look for the other tinkers. I was actually planning on looking for some possibly this week and the legs I could enchant any time the thing was i was planning on getting t11 legs but my decision changed so I will be buying the enchant today.

Sanctityglein

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 01:03:22 PM »
Hello Tyrathis,

First of all, thanks for the application! It is great to see some warriors still running around (lord knows I have not seen many...).

I have three concerns; firstly, you are missing some best enchants for your pieces. While some of these enchants come from maelstrom crystals (and I know, 20 stats is a huge money sink compared to 15 stats on chest), any enchants that are best in slot that do not require maelstrom crystals should be on all of your pieces, i.e. dodge to bracers over expertise.

A second concern that I personally have (as a healer) is that your health is lower than most tanks unbuffed, and your parry/dodge are slightly unbalanced as well as high hit/expertise ratings. In this current tier, threat is basically a non-issue minus the first 15 seconds of a fight, therefore rendering the hit and exp caps not as important as higher avoidance/mitigation. If you want to be doing progression raiding at this tier (i.e. HMs in the current 3 instances), you really want to have as much health and avoidance/mitigation as possible so as not to get gimped by a tank spike.

Finally, you don't seem to have a huge amount of experience in the current tier. While normally this is a non-issue as some have not been raiding as long in the tier or had as many opportunities, what fights do you have outside knowledge on other than your kills? Are you willing to watch videos and really go in-depth into fight mechanics (especially in heroic modes)? All of these are things to consider.

Keep in mind, I am not trying to single you out or call you out on anything, I am merely trying to gather an understanding on where you are at as a player (and a person! Real life matters too!  ;D ).

Best of luck and hope to hear from you soon,
Sanctity

Tyrathis

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 03:01:29 PM »
It's fine I understand your concerns :) Actually i would prefer being asked this, atleast I know the guild takes care in their recruitment.

As you said the money sink is a big deal, and to me its a very big deal as I dont have a large sum of money at my disposal. I would gladly change any enchants around that i could afford to, any that typically dont involve maelstroms at your request especially if it makes the job of a healer easier.

Secondly I have the trinket leaden despair which i could swap in if needed for a 427 stam boost. I would prefer to get the symbiotic worm trinket off magmaw though as it is much more useful. Also if HP is too low for you I would be happy to change my gems to the healers liking. Ive read already all of what you have said and after talking with a few tanks i went with a 2% hit but after your comment i switched to 1% hit and brought my dodge and parry closer together. The difference in those is due to a bit of gear changing recently which i did not reforge due to being out on the weekend.

Outside of my kills I have tanked Omnotron and have been to al'akir. The reason of this lack of experience which you pointed out actually is my lack of oppurtunities.  Watching videos for fight mechanics I have already done for bosses that I have not even attempted yet, actually the only video I have no watched is for nefarian. I have no problem with going in depth with fight mechanics as i personally enjoy learning the fight before I rush into it.

Lastly, thanks for the criticism, its always helpful especially from a healer.

Sanctityglein

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 04:06:31 PM »
Your gear looks fine; as for your trinkets, you have Leaden Despair, the Vial, and the Crab. Any combination of those three is fine, as they are all excellent trinkets (I use the crab and Leaden Despair on my tankadin). Don't worry about the enchants that require the Maelstrom crystals, as we generally only use the weapon enchants on BIS weapons. Just make sure you are informed on all normal mode encounters and Halfus for heroic modes at the minimum (I honestly like watching world first kills of different fights cause... well.. they're awesome  ;D ).

As for the hit %, I am reasonably certain our tanks are actually below 1% hit because of the gear they are wearing. Threat is such a non issue that we have been gearing completely for mitigation/avoidance.

Talk to Helladin, Tobiah or I in-game, as I am not sure what the plan is right now for this week. (I like to hop on different alts, you can contact me on Glein as well.)

Offline Tobiah

• Administrator
  • The Unstoppable Force
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 10:43:50 PM »
<Closed>