Author Topic: Told ya...  (Read 7156 times)

Leonnald

Told ya...
« on: February 17, 2009, 12:05:54 AM »

Akena

Re: Told ya...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 01:24:46 AM »
Epic.

Offline Calgone

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 11:03:58 AM »
I been playin left for dead recently, I believe that game is right up your ally leo.

Leonnald

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 01:42:25 PM »
I just can't bring myself to even consider it. Everyone I talk to says it's a great zombie game, it's a fantastic zombie game, it's the best zombie game.

There's 1 problem in each of those statements. It's not a zombie game. You may call it nit-picking, but none of the enemies are zombies. They are merely 'infected'. I love zombies, I love zombie lore, I love reading about it and playing games that represent it accurately. Just cause a virus makes humans seek out other humans to consume their flesh does not a zombie make.

I dunno, maybe I'm just irritated. People take something you love, twist it enough so it's no longer the thing you love, then make it popular. Now everyone going on about this 'thing'.

It's kinda funny, before L4D was released I was reading on there site. They even had a description of the enemies and it just said 'The infected humans'. That was it. That was the description. Now at the time I was all for the game, it sounded great. But then everyone started calling them zombies. I noticed that the original description of the enemies is gone now on their site. Just makes me sad is all.

Calling a chair a table doesn't make it a table, it's still a chair. Sure it shares similar properties to a table, round or square flat surface, ability to support weight. But no matter what that chair does, it'll always be a chair.

-Me

Offline Celyka

• Members
  • Dreadlord
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 10:43:15 PM »
If you would hurry up and finish your novel / movie there would be no debate :P

Foxflame

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 10:41:49 AM »
Zombies aren't real

Offline Athalus

• Members
  • Herald of the Titans
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 10:57:19 AM »
I just can't bring myself to even consider it. Everyone I talk to says it's a great zombie game, it's a fantastic zombie game, it's the best zombie game.

There's 1 problem in each of those statements. It's not a zombie game. You may call it nit-picking, but none of the enemies are zombies. They are merely 'infected'. I love zombies, I love zombie lore, I love reading about it and playing games that represent it accurately. Just cause a virus makes humans seek out other humans to consume their flesh does not a zombie make.

I dunno, maybe I'm just irritated. People take something you love, twist it enough so it's no longer the thing you love, then make it popular. Now everyone going on about this 'thing'.

It's kinda funny, before L4D was released I was reading on there site. They even had a description of the enemies and it just said 'The infected humans'. That was it. That was the description. Now at the time I was all for the game, it sounded great. But then everyone started calling them zombies. I noticed that the original description of the enemies is gone now on their site. Just makes me sad is all.

Calling a chair a table doesn't make it a table, it's still a chair. Sure it shares similar properties to a table, round or square flat surface, ability to support weight. But no matter what that chair does, it'll always be a chair.

-Me

So, at what stage in the infection does the formerly human person become a "zombie" ?

Also, have you heard they have a new term for banks that have been bailed out but can only use the bail out money to stay afloat, not lend money to generate new revenue? You got it!!  Zombie Banks.   :o

Leonnald

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 11:27:42 AM »
Well, the very basic definition of a zombie is a dead human, brought back to life by <insert generic disease/mystical force> to consume the flesh of the living.

To be a zombie you must first have lived, now during life you can become infected or cursed or whatever exists in the universe you speak of to eventually make you a zombie. Then you must die, before the infection, virus, mystical force, or whatever causes you to seek human flesh. Once dead you reanimate, become alive to the extent of movement and hunger. Then you seek the remaining living humans to consume their flesh. Now even Resident Evil followed this, to an extent at least. The T-virus reanimated dead cells making the host come to life to hunger on flesh. Admittingly, late in the series they twisted it a bit with the newer monsters, but they never called the new monsters zombies so I don't really have a problem with that.

My big problem with some of these movies (28 days later is my biggest beef) and games is they skip the vital part, dieing. With 28 days later, the humans became infected, and just went f'ing nutts. Killing other humans. I don't recall seeing them actually eat the humans, but I haven't seen that movie since it was in theaters, so it's possible they did and I don't remember it. I liked it at first, but then everyone kept calling them zombies and it sorta killed the movie for me.

-Me

Offline Ocktavian

• Members
  • Bloodsail Admiral
  • I know Kung-Fu...
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 03:44:19 PM »

Offline Dawnwhisper

• Members
  • Mechagnome
    • Felipe Nogueira 3D [ PePe TD ]
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 06:10:28 PM »
leo but some of those movies u put there are not zombie movies.( not once in the movie they refer as the humans as zombies) they are merely lets say humans who got turned ino creature like begin by a infection of some sort.

i for once find u r obsession with zombies strange. zombies are pretty simple no matter what u say or what kind of lore therei s ou there point is they are dead people who are revived as undead one way or another. but that is just me... i am also fascinated with Dragons so cant really make fun of ya
Duh. I'll have you know that I'm only mostly stupid.

Leonnald

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 12:42:20 AM »
Night, I never said they called the creatures zombies in the movie. What I said was everyone kept calling them zombies and it sorta killed the movie for me'. I'm not faulting the writing in the movie, nor am I faulting the directing of it. I'm faulting the jackass civilians who went to see the movie and started referring to the creatures as zombies because the are uneducated assholes.

And your right Night, that's exactly what I was saying. Zombies are dead humans, who come back to life due to 'something' be it a virus or mystical force or whatever. My big problem are the movies that just skip over the dead part.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 12:44:45 AM by Leonnald »

Offline Dawnwhisper

• Members
  • Mechagnome
    • Felipe Nogueira 3D [ PePe TD ]
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 11:30:52 AM »
True ! people do call them zombies when they are not. i for once refer to movies as Zombie movies when someone asks me what kind of movie im going to see, even tho i know they are not zombies it gets the point across and they will understand what type of movie it is be zombies or rabid humans.
Duh. I'll have you know that I'm only mostly stupid.

Offline Calgone

• Brewmaster
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 11:38:29 AM »
Sometimes i ask for a kleenex and some vaseline. Technicaly i should be asking for a tissue and petroleum jelly.  Sometimes we get so used to brands we forget that it isnt the actual product its just the brand name.  Hence Zombies/infected.

Offline Syrei

• Members
  • Mechagnome
  • The product of someone's delusions
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 01:25:54 PM »
Zombie Strippers!

That is all. >.>
"I didn't bother blinking out, because even if I can blink out of the stun, there's no way to blink out of the shame that comes along with getting stunned by a stoneclaw totem."

Real Shaman wear kilts!

Offline Ocktavian

• Members
  • Bloodsail Admiral
  • I know Kung-Fu...
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 01:27:15 PM »
Vampires > Zombies

melisane

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 02:29:37 PM »
Werewolf > Vampire > Zombies

Offline Syrei

• Members
  • Mechagnome
  • The product of someone's delusions
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 02:38:06 PM »

Blasphemy!
"I didn't bother blinking out, because even if I can blink out of the stun, there's no way to blink out of the shame that comes along with getting stunned by a stoneclaw totem."

Real Shaman wear kilts!

melisane

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 02:59:54 PM »

Blasphemy!

Haha  how  so ...  okay  granted hard to really draw the line  between were's  and vamps ...

Okay how about Were's Stripers  or Vamp Stripers  > than all ...  for some reason I  do not see a zombie stripper being able to  do some of those pole slid moves .. without leaving parts behind XD
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 03:07:31 PM by melisane »

Offline Athalus

• Members
  • Herald of the Titans
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 03:10:05 PM »
Zombie Strippers!

That is all. >.>

This is a failure from the outset. I stripper must have all parts intact for full impact/effect. Strippers missing parts just won't cut it.

melisane

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 03:14:16 PM »
Zombie Strippers!

That is all. >.>

This is a failure from the outset. I stripper must have all parts intact for full impact/effect. Strippers missing parts just won't cut it.

I am sure if we put her  in a Catholic School Girl outfit  you would  think diffrently  XD