Author Topic: HolyBee 85 Paladin - Holy/Ret  (Read 1694 times)

HolyBee

HolyBee 85 Paladin - Holy/Ret
« on: March 22, 2011, 12:43:57 PM »
  • In-Game Name: HolyBee
  • In-Game Class: Paladin
  • In-Game Level:85

• Previous Raiding experience: Twilight of Bastion cleared up until Cho'gall.  On alt char (Mage) I have cleared Twilight of Bastion and done Halfus on heroic.  Blackwing Descent cleared up until Nefarion.  Experience with phase 1 of Nefarion. 
  • List/Link current gear: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kargath/holybee/simple
  • Please list your top 2 gear upgrades and why they are valuable: T11 head and shoulders.  Replaces the few pieces of iLevel 346 gear I have.  Completes T11 four piece set bonus.
  • Why did you choose your class? What are your class' strengths and weaknesses? : Paladin class was chosen due to it's versatility and ability to perform any role in the group.  Paladin class brings many strong cooldowns for unique situations.  Hand of Freedom to relieve tanks stuck in snare zones, Hand of Sacrifice to reduce incoming damage while rendering the Paladin "immune" to incapacitate style CC's.  Hand of Protection and Salvation bring similar strong raid level benefits while talent spec specific cooldowns such as Ancient Guardian provide tremendous (100%) increased healing throughput during it's duration.  The paladin's greatest strength is also one of the inherent weaknesses of the class.  The class is heavily dependent on cooldowns and self buffs.  Improper timing of cooldowns or lack of cooldowns leaves the paladin as a mediocre class in terms of healing and DPS without any strong instant cast heals nor snares/CC's (holy/ret weaknesses respectively).
  • Explain briefly the reasons behind your current gear choices.  And why you have selected your current talent build:  Gear and spec choices seek to maximize healing longetivity and throughput in raid encounters.  Reforge of secondary stats away from weak into strong secondary stats is followed.  Proper geming to maximize efficiency while obeying Metagem requirements and socket bonuses are followed.  Current Holy/Ret spec talent build is produced with raid encounters in mind.  Dailies, PvP and "cool factor" is not considered.
  • For DPS and Tanking classes: For DPS rotation it is important to keep Inquisition buff and replenishment buff up at all times.  Under regular circumstances Crusader Strike (while not the absolute top dmg ability) should be at the top priority to gain holy power while "filler" abilities are used in between crusader strike.  During duration of Zealotry rotation breaks down into CS -> Templar's Verdict -> filler -> CS.  During duration of Avenging Wrath or when boss target is <=20% HP Hammer of Wrath becomes a top priority along with Crusader Strike. 
  • What are your favorite websites/spreadsheets for theorycrafting and raid strategies? : Wowhead.com, elitistjerks and mmo-champion.
  • Please link any combatlog parses, World of Logs, etc: none to provide at present time.
  • Previous Guilds and reasons for leaving: Current guild is falling apart due to members quitting.
  • Why you are applying to Bloodsworn: Heard good things about Bloodsworn.  Recently had a friend begin raiding with Bloodsworn.
  • Comments: I also have Ilevel 350+ tanking set.  I know all aspects of paladin, healing, dps and tanking.  I carry around flasks of all specs at all times.  I also carry supplies such as food, dust of disappearance, enchanting mats and mana potions.  I come to the raids on time, prepared and repaired up.  I don't take smoke breaks.  I don't have a kid who "bothers" me during raids.  I don't spam the guild chat with nonsense. 

Offline Tobiah

• Administrator
  • The Unstoppable Force
Re: HolyBee 85 Paladin - Holy/Ret
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 05:08:53 PM »
Hey Holybee,
  A few questions.  In your app you talk about a mage (alt), would you consider your paladin your main then?  Also would you be opposed to being primarily DPS with the healing role being more secondary?

HolyBee

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 08:47:55 AM »
Hello again.

Paladin is my main character.  It is the first character I've made, I play it more.  My paladin is better geared and I know paladin as a class better than I do mage (although I know mage fairly well also).  I am willing to assume the primary role of DPS with healing as a secondary. 

Sanctityglein

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 09:05:51 AM »
Hello HolyBee,

Please log out in your DPS gear at some point in the near future so we can evaluate you as a whole character.  :)

Regards,
Sanc

HolyBee

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 11:49:30 AM »
Will do.  I can also put on my DPS gear set in game and try to message SanctityGlein and/or Tobiah if people want to see my gear.

Sanctityglein

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 04:07:15 PM »
Feel free to message me on Sanctity or Glein, as well as Tobiah, Helladin, or Ethrundil if you have any more questions or concerns. We will get back to you as soon as we can about any further information.

Regards,
Sanc

HolyBee

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 10:15:24 AM »
Hey guys.  I've had a chance to speak and show my gear sets to a couple of the officers/leaders.  I haven't heard anything from you guys in a bit. 

Offline Tobiah

• Administrator
  • The Unstoppable Force
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 02:45:18 PM »
I will be in touch in game soon