Author Topic: Ruedee 80 Warlock - Demo/Destro  (Read 1566 times)

ruedee

Ruedee 80 Warlock - Demo/Destro
« on: December 15, 2008, 05:24:18 PM »
    * In-Game Name: Ruedee
    * In-Game Class: Warlock
    * In-Game Level: 80
    * Real Age: 30
    * Are you able to make our raiding schedule? [M, W, Th, Sun -> 7:45-12:00] : Absolutely.

* Previous Raiding experience:  Most Recently 3 wing clear of both Naxx 10 (no achievement on this because of swaps for healers where I missed a boss or two), Naxx 25, TBC Mag, Gruul, ZA, Kara, Old World MC, BWL (Partial), ZG, AQ20 AQ40 (Up to Twin Emps)
    * List/Link current gear: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kargath&n=Ruedee
    * Upgrades Available Outside of 25man Raids: Working on Full Heroes Plaugeheart and other asst. badge gear.  However the 10 man's I've run to date haven't been kind to us clothies.
    * Why did you choose your class? What are your class' strengths and weaknesses? :  I've always love playing casters, I have a horde mage at 70 on Skywall.  As far as locks go, I loved the survivability mixed with the DPS power of the class, and the bonus that pets offered at the time I created this toon.  Utility for the raid is always a plus and it seemed that locks were well liked and needed in raids least of all for summoning.
Strengths: We've got a handle on some high DPS, survivability to a degree, utility for HS and SS and our tier gear is some of the coolest looking in the game when pieced together completely.
Weaknesses: While survivability is higher among the caster DPS, it's still not a class that can do anything and everything.
    * Explain briefly the reasons behind your current gear choices.  And why you have selected your current talent build:  Current talent build is geared towards pushing as much DPS as possible with the addition of demonic brutality and dem. empowerment the felguard adds an extra bit of power to the lock's overall dps.
    * For DPS classes: What is your normal dps rotation during a boss fight? : COA, Corr, Immo, Incinerate, recurse as neccessary, rotation is heavily macro'd to blow any available CD (demonic empowerment, death coil) during the fight with the absolute minimum of input lag and to simplify the boss dps to about 3 keys.  I've since added Haste Potions to my standard raiding gear (+400 haste for 15 seconds) which produces incredible results since one is consumed whenever the CD is done as part of the incinerate macro.  COA/Corr trigger talent proc molten core giving with standard raid buffs approx 35-40% crit rate.

* What are your favorite websites/spreadsheets for theorycrafting and raid strategies? :
Currently with naxx being close to endgame, the old TBC guide provided good insight to boss strats for naxx.  Other than that wowwiki fills in some holes and I put together a portion of my spec using leulier's sheet.
    * Previous Guilds and reasons for leaving: Shadow Wrath, DWH, They've assembled their solid 25 man and put me on rotation with other locks and lack the manpower to run more than one 25m group.   
    * Why you are applying to Bloodsworn: I'm looking to move up the ladder a bit approaching HC raiding and I've done a few heroics with other members and I think Bloodsworn would be a good fit for my play style, my raiding schedule, and personality.
    * Comments:  I look forward to your replies and working on the new content with you.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 05:35:12 PM by ruedee »

ruedee

Re: Ruedee 80 Warlock - Demo/Destro
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 11:06:31 AM »
Recently respeced to Affliction since the periodic damage under the full 56/0/15 tree proves to be alot higher resulting in a much better dps that I was doing at my current gear level with demo/destruction.