Author Topic: Dropping a line  (Read 5021 times)

Offline Frew

• Members
  • Mechagnome
Dropping a line
« on: November 25, 2008, 10:43:33 AM »
Hey guys, just wanted to drop by and say hey to all my old friends.  How are you guys liking the new content?  I think Naxx and Malygos are a lot of fun as far as style but I think the the content is a bit watered down compared to what we have come to expect from Blizzard in the past.  Just mostly hoping the future content patches have some decently tuned raids that pose as somewhat of a challenge.  If not I feel the game could lose a lot of its dedicated PvE fanbase.  Anyway enough w/ that, mostly wanted to say good luck to you guys on all of your endeavors.  I wish you nothing but the best.

Frew

PS. Don't be strangers.

Offline Binks

• Members
  • High Overlord
Re: Dropping a line
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 11:43:56 AM »
Nice to hear from you Frew I was sorry to see that you had gone. We need more gnomes to kick around....i mean I hope things are going well for you.

Inis

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 12:35:45 PM »
yeah good to see your still around and kicking man, I haven't been doing much in game because after I got inis to 80 I decided to reroll death knight.  Name is Lazzar and I should be 80 by Wednesday so if you ever are looking to do a run or something drop me a line.

Offline Key

• Members
  • Dreadlord
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 12:44:41 PM »
Good to hear from you. As for the water down part, you are correct. Things do seem to be a little too easy. For those of us that did not get to see much of Naxx the first go around, it is a welcome experience. But as far as challenging, I too hope it will improve in the new content.

The only good part about you being gone is, there is competition now for who can do the most dps in guild.

Take it easy,

PS smack that mage Capry around a bit for me will ya.

Offline Syrei

• Members
  • Mechagnome
  • The product of someone's delusions
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 12:47:20 PM »
Hai Frew! Nice to hear from you :)

I'm loving the new content so far. The content feels a lot more traditional wow lore as opposed to tbc. Raiding does feel pretty dumbed down but not so much as to make it unbearable. I'm just keeping in mind that right now we're just scraping the surface with entry level content and who knows what the next dungeons will be like.

What I'm really enjoying the most right now is Death Knight. I rerolled from my gimp elemental shaman and am finding being an Unholy Death Knight is a lot more fufilling. She's a Draenei named Azreai.

It really is pretty cool being on the ground floor of a brand new class and getting to experiment with it.

Anyways good to hear you're doing well. Maybe I'll catch you ingame sometime and we'll do a heroic or something.

"I didn't bother blinking out, because even if I can blink out of the stun, there's no way to blink out of the shame that comes along with getting stunned by a stoneclaw totem."

Real Shaman wear kilts!

Astis

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 03:56:14 PM »
It's good to hear from you Frew!  I certainly miss raiding with you.  I have heard allot of people say how easy they find the new content.  Hopefully they step that up a bit.

We'll have to run some heroics some time!
-- Astis

Offline Fang

• Retired
  • Mechagnome
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 08:05:58 PM »
     Be sure to keep in touch, man.  I'm still planning to side with your kind when the Frewpocalypse cometh.
Non cogitamus, ergo nihil sumus

Offline Athalus

• Members
  • Herald of the Titans
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 02:34:45 PM »
Good to hear from you. As for the water down part, you are correct. Things do seem to be a little too easy. For those of us that did not get to see much of Naxx the first go around, it is a welcome experience. But as far as challenging, I too hope it will improve in the new content.

The only good part about you being gone is, there is competition now for who can do the most dps in guild.

Take it easy,

What competition? Hunters are brokenated as ever.

Pixel

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 01:04:35 PM »

Take it easy,

What competition? Hunters are brokenated as ever.

Are not

Astis

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 02:11:12 PM »
I still can't find my "I win" button anywhere, nooo, instead I have to hit like, 5 different buttons.  Sheesh.

Pixel

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 07:32:09 PM »
I ll send you the macro.

lifebreeze

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 04:18:18 PM »
hey frew good to hear from you i hear you guys are doing well in the end game as well. Hopefully we can smash some faces in together in wintergrasp with a crazy tank albeit a mechanized one or a dwarf looking one.

Offline Celyka

• Members
  • Dreadlord
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 10:03:19 PM »
Frew stole all my beer  :( :(

Ellewyn

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 10:04:53 PM »
Just saw Ozzy Ozbourne on that WoW commercial and it made me think to look up on you guys and say hello.  Judging from the posts, the expansion came out.  Hope you are all having fun with the new level 80 content.  Most of you probably won't recognize me, but I'm sure some of the older members will.  Shouts out to Qhu, Tobiah, Frew, Inis, Life, Falos, Athalus, and anyone else still lurking about that I'd remember.  We had some good times.  Maybe I'll drop by vent some time and say hi.  Take care all of you, and best of luck with all the new challenges you'll come across.

Offline Celyka

• Members
  • Dreadlord
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 10:08:04 PM »
Damn I've been here all this time and you don't remember me???   >:( >:( >:(

Ellewyn

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 10:09:28 PM »
Of course I remember you Cely... resto druid... helped me get my epic flying mount.  I just wasn't sure if you were still lurking on the forums or not.  How have you been?

Offline Celyka

• Members
  • Dreadlord
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 10:12:21 PM »
Resto is a thing of the past, retired raiding I think 2 years ago.  Now I'm mostly playing as a moonkin and enjoying the content slowly with my wife.  Glad to see you're still around I was wondering what happened to you.  Keep in touch :)

Ellewyn

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 10:15:27 PM »
Sure thing.  Maybe some time I can drop by vent and we can chat and catch up.  I don't have the vent info anymore, but maybe one of the officers could PM it to me.  I have skype if all else fails... just look me up - chz1115.  Catch ya on the flip side mate.

Offline Fang

• Retired
  • Mechagnome
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 06:48:14 PM »
Most of you probably won't recognize me, but I'm sure some of the older members will.  Shouts out to Qhu, Tobiah, Frew, Inis, Life, Falos, Athalus, and anyone else still lurking about that I'd remember.
     Why no love for Fang?  :P
Non cogitamus, ergo nihil sumus

Offline Syrei

• Members
  • Mechagnome
  • The product of someone's delusions
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 09:05:53 AM »
Most of you probably won't recognize me, but I'm sure some of the older members will.  Shouts out to Qhu, Tobiah, Frew, Inis, Life, Falos, Athalus, and anyone else still lurking about that I'd remember.
     Why no love for Fang?  :P

He doesn't love us anymore. :p

Hai Ellewyn!
< Eccentrix
"I didn't bother blinking out, because even if I can blink out of the stun, there's no way to blink out of the shame that comes along with getting stunned by a stoneclaw totem."

Real Shaman wear kilts!