Author Topic: Myrick 90 Frost Death Knight/ Porksteeple 90 Frost Mage (For WoD)  (Read 1013 times)

Offline Jerrith

• Keyboard Turner

In-Game Name: Myrick/ Porksteeple (Currently on Azgalor)

In-Game Class: Death Knight/ Mage

In-Game Level: 90

Previous Raiding experience: Pre-Bc up to Naxx, BC up to Sunwell, Wotlk Full Heroic Clear, Cata up to Nef Heroic and Chogall Heroic. Quit the game shortly after that.

List/Link current gear: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kargath/Myrick/simple and http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azgalor/Porksteeple/simple

Please list your top 2 gear upgrades and why they are valuable: Thok's Tail Whip- As it amplifies your stats on gear and the greater your gear scales the better this scales. Then I would say Evil Eye of Galakras as it reduces CD's of six of your abilities and can a great dps gain.

Why did you choose your class? What are your class'strengths and weaknesses? : I've been playing Mage for a long time, since the start of WoW to be exact. I wanted a change of pace and to throw a wrench into things, but I didn't just want some cookie cutter melee class. DK has more of a priority system and not really a set rotation to things. It's random and based more off what's available to you at the current time. This combined with it's versatility to be a tank/off-tank as well seemed like a good challenge to me. Dk brings the 4% vulnerability and 10% haste as a class strength, and the ability to be a great Hybrid dps/tank combo.

Explain briefly the reasons behind your current gear choices.  And why you have selected your current talent build: Currently I've been gearing through LFR/Random Dungeons and Flex, so my gear choices are limited. I've done the best to hit my melee caps of hit and expertise and from then on maximized mastery as my main priority followed by crit through gems/reforging/enchant. My talent build varies from fight to fight currently. Depending on what is needed I'll spec into it as I carry a stack of tomes just for this. In the first tier I usually spec plague leech or unholy blight. PL if I need to maximize single target dps and there isn't much mobility involved. UB if I know there will be lots of AE involved and I'll be on the move consistently. Second tier Lichborne or Anti-Magic Zone. I'll spec LB if CC breaks are needed or a little sustainability from death coil is needed. AMZ reduces a single magic hit by 40% or absorbs 3 ticks, this can be great on heavy magic damage fights. Tier 3 I spec Death's advance for the 10% passive movement speed and 30% speed on command. Great for maintaining up-time on bosses, target switching or high mobility fights. In tier 4 I spec death pact for a great on command heal from my ghoul or army, as the other two talents use runes that can be a dps loss and this talent offers great survival and doesn't use runes that can be used elsewhere. Tier 5 is blood tap, as with frost our blood runes are replaced with death runes. This offers Dk's the ability to consume 5 charges to replenish a fully depleted rune with a death rune. In tier 6 it's usually depending on the fight and what is needed. Gorfiend's graps for AE, Remorseless winter for CC control or Desecrated ground for CC breaks.

For DPS and Tanking classes: What is your normal rotation/ priority list during a boss fight? : As I stated before Dk's don't have a normal rotation, more of a priority system. Blood tap if 11 or more stacks of blood charge > Frost Strike if Killing Machine is procced or RP is higher than 90 > Howling blast if frost and both death runes are off CD > Soul reaper if current target is below 35% Hp > Plague strike for disease refresh or if a unholy rune is off CD > Howling blast if Rime procs > FS if Rp is higher than 75 > Obliterate if 1 or more unholy runes are off CD and KM is not procced > Howling blast > blood tap > FS if RP is higher than 40 > Horn of winter for RP gain > Plague leech >empower rune weapon for rune gain.

What are your favorite websites/spreadsheets for theorycrafting and raid strategies? : Currently I've been using the Wow forums, Icy veins, Elitist Jerks, MMO Champion, DestinySoftworks, sentrytotem, sonofalich, simulation craft, AskMrRobot, WoWReforge to name a few.

Please link any combatlog parses, World of Logs, etc: I just returned to the game and have only been running LFR and Flex for a bout a week. But if needed this week I can log some of the raids.

Previous Guilds and reasons for leaving: Cold was my last guild, Was a top 100 guild during Wotlk, and part of Cata. Leadership fell apart and I quit shortly after that as well as my RL friends who I joined with. Prior to that I was in Risen from Turalyon who xfered over to Galakrond to gain access to server firsts. I was with Risen for the first part of Wotlk through Tier 9 content and left for Cold during Tier 10. During BC I was with ToA all the way up to Sunwell, where I took a leave of absence due to school. Pre-Bc I raided with Shadow Wrath up to Naxx.

Why you are applying to Bloodsworn: I want a solid raiding home again. Bloodsworn seems to offer this, so far in the
few days I've been here (Eth invited me as a friend) everyone seems very friendly and laid back. From the looks of things, raiding is very well organized here and the maturity level is on par with mine. I want a guild I can thrive in and enjoy the next expansion raiding with. I spoke with Statty earlier about WoD raiding, and explained my situation and what I have available to bring to the guild, he urged me to apply from there.

Comments: Thanks for taking the time to look at my application. As stated, I want to be considered for WoD expasion. I have the mage and can transfer him if needed and raid on him as well. But my main priority currently is leaning towards my DK. I work days, Usually Tuesday-Friday 7am - 5/6pm depending on how busy the dealership is. Saturday is just a 7-12 halfday for me. Raiding three days a week is not an issue for me, as long as the raid doesn't exceed 2 am I am fine.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 06:41:17 PM by Jerrith »

Offline Jerrith

• Keyboard Turner
Re: Myrick 90 Frost Death Knight/ Porksteeple 90 Frost Mage (For WoD)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 06:41:41 PM »
Sorry for all the edits. BBCode seems to hate me on your forums  :P

Offline Dnulso

• Administrator
  • Mechagnome
Re: Myrick 90 Frost Death Knight/ Porksteeple 90 Frost Mage (For WoD)
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 11:49:04 PM »
Thanks for the app. I'm a bit occupied for the next week, but I'll get back to you once my schedule has calmed down.